13. - 14. Apr 2021 | Virtual Deep Dive
Automotive Circle Deep Dive Series: Topics in Smart Production
Artificial IntelligenceArtificial intelligence is currently permeating all technical areas and is part of our social life - whether we notice it or not. Yet the technical advancement through AI is not really visible and mostly a black box. This gives room for the wildest speculations, up to scenarios that machines will take over the supremacy over humans in the near future.
Industrial production technology is also being increasingly penetrated by AI algorithms with the aim of producing faster, more cost-effective and defect-free products.
It is therefore essential for engineers and decision-makers in the automotive industry to get to grips with AI. Engineers need a basic understanding of AI to be able to assess the technology, without being or becoming an AI expert. The goal must be to understand the many terms and concepts used in connection with AI, and to be able to evaluate the advantages of AI, but also to assess its limitations and dangers. Furthermore, with AI applications on the rise, engineer’s job descriptions will change permanently. Just as simulation is indispensable in production planning today and is used as a standard tool, AI will also become a technology that will gradually permeate everyday working lives.
The aim of our Deep Dive on Articial Intelligence is therefore:
- To develop a basic understanding of AI.
- To be able to assess its possibilities and limitations so that you can make informed decisions on the use of AI.
- To develop an understanding of the future requirements for employees, in order to specifically address the qualification of employees or to build up this competence.
The contents of the four-part webinar are as follows:
- Concepts such as agents, Chinese space, Turing test, algorithms, logic, reasoning with uncertainty, machine learning, deep learning expert systems, clustering, classification, regression, symbolic and non-symbolic AI, neural networks, etc., will be explained.
- A few selected algorithms are presented and explained using application examples to understand how they work and to evaluate their advantages and limitations. Mathematical explanations of these algorithms will be avoided as far as possible, to focus only on making the logic behind them understandable.
- Human intelligence and human learning will be compared with the intelligence of machines and their learning. The question of whether machines can think is also explored.
Tuesday, 13 April, 2021: 11.00h – 12.00h and 13.00h - 14.00h CEST (UTC+2)
Wednesday, 14 April 2021: 11.00h – 12.00h and 13.00h - 14.00h CEST (UTC+2)
Prof. Dr. Michael Rupp, Segula Group/University of Applied Sciences Mittelhessen
Prices, Terms & Conditions
OrganizerVincentz Network GmbH & Co. KG
30175 Hannover, Germany
249 EUR per ticket
All prices are net prices. All virtual events are subject to VAT only in Germany.
All fees are due immediately - in any case before the start of the event - and are to be paid by quoting the invoice number. With the confirmation and invoice the participant will receive the corresponding access data for the virtual event. The prerequisite for this is that all payments have been received in full.
Registration is preferably done via the event's website, alternatively by e-mail or regular mail. The confirmation of participation and invoice will be sent via e-mail. After receipt of payment your registration becomes binding and you will receive a corresponding confirmation of participation. Without this confirmation, there is no claim to participation in the booked event. Registrations will be considered in the order in which they are received, except EuroCarBody. However, the number of participants is limited in all cases. A special application procedure applies for participation in the EuroCarBody 2021 virtual.
The following services are associated with the registration:
- Participation in the virtual event
- Participation documents
- Authorization to download the PDF documents on the Internet
- Receipt of the list of participants
- Sponsor information
Language of Communication
All virtual events of the Automotive Circle are held exclusively in English. All documents are predominately composed in the English language.
All virtual events of the Automotive Circle are planned and conducted using electronic tools and platforms. The following tools are used:
- doo event management platform
Each participant is responsible for using these tools. If it is not possible to use them, e.g. due to internal company requirements, this does not entitle the participant to cancel the participation free of charge.
Cancellation / Withdrawal
For cancellations between four and two weeks before the event, a cancellation fee of 50 % of the invoice amount is due. In the event of cancellation later than two weeks before the event or in the event of non-participation without prior cancellation, the full participation fee must be paid. However, it is always possible to name a substitute person. Cancellations and changes must be notified in writing and will be confirmed by the organizer.
If the virtual event has to be cancelled by the organizer due to insufficient number of participants, technical complications or due to illness of one or more speakers, already paid participation fees will be refunded in full. Further claims do not exist.
Automotive Circle reserve the right to revise event content and change implementation tools. There is no claim to a specific lecture, workshop or references. Registered trademarks: No guarantee is given that the products, processes and other names mentioned are free of third-party property rights.
As participant of an event, you agree that data such as company, address (zip code, city, country), first name, name and job function of the attendee will be published on the list of participants. The list of participants is available to all participants in digital form. The list of participants could also be used by sponsors and exhibitors for advertising purposes. Objection against publication and circulation of your data may be made at any time until 3 weeks prior to the event and has to be made in writing to the organizer. The address data are processed for customer service and information purposes in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Company’s name, city and country might be published on the Internet as reference for upcoming Automotive Circle-events.
With your binding registration you agree that film, image, word and sound recordings may be made of you during the event. These recordings may be used without restriction by Vincentz Network or authorized parties in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Hanover, February 2021
Request More Information
About Automotive Circle Deep dive series
- What data standards, data structures and data system architectures should or need to be implemented?
- How can a smooth and efficient data transfer and data access be effected across subsections, across companies, across locations all over the globe?
- How do Smart Production implementations affect automotive production concepts, what are their overall benefits and what are their limitations or drawbacks?
In 2021, the Automotive Circle is focusing on these questions with a new range of events, starting with a series of focused Webinars in spring 2021, each looking into important Smart Production aspects.
You are not logged in.
To write a comment you need to be logged in.
There was an error while sending your comment. Please try again.
Your comment was too long. There are a maximum of 2048 symbols allowed!