The integration of many different functions into a digital screen which can be updated over time is a trend that most modern car interiors currently reflect. Inspired by the smart phone and tablet industry, screen-dominated interiors are favored by designers for their minimalist and elegant design as well as the flexibility in incorporating a wide range of different vehicle features. Traditional control elements such as buttons, switches and knobs are increasingly replaced as part of this development. However, the key questions in this discussion are: How easy and intuitive are these new cockpit solutions to use and how do they perform in terms of comfort and safety? What’s the right balance of mechanical control elements and digital solutions?
These questions and the following key topics will be discussed at the upcoming Automotive Circle conference on Automotive Interiors:
- Interior concepts: new design ideas, versatile interiors and adaptive interior components such as dashboards or center consoles, changing utility of the interior space, flexible vehicle load compartment concepts, visions and concepts for future interiors
- Cockpit: development of displays and touchscreens as well as buttons, switches and knobs, HMI solutions, voice and gesture control, smart surfaces
- Latest trends and technologies related to seating concepts, efficient heating, (acoustic) materials, surfaces, ligthing etc.
- Impact of C.A.S.E. mobility: How are Connectivity, Autonomous driving, Shared mobility and Electrification changing vehicle interiors?
- Sustainability: use of bio-based and renewable raw materials, recycled materials, application of energy-saving technologies, circular economy etc.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Bad Nauheim, Germany in June 2023!
Don’t miss any updates by following our Hashtag: #ACInterior