We cordially invite you to take an active part in this new event: Let us know about your recent progress relevant to the congress topics and submit your suggestion for a half-hour technical presentation, reporting about your latest developments, applications or study results.
To do that, please send your convincing and concise abstract describing your achievements using our online submission form no later than
January 12, 2024.
In particular, the congress seeks to discuss progress in the following areas:
- latest series car body material concepts, especially for next-generation BEV
- new steel, aluminum, magnesium or composite/plastics material developments, enabling
- improved in-use car body part performance and durability
- a reduced scope-3 climate gas footprint / higher recycled materials content
- better formability and processability
- greater design freedom
- new or wider application windows in the car body.
- efficient forming processes for both structural and outer skin car body parts, e.g. via
- panel forming innovations in the tool shop and press plant, from method planning/simulation to tryout and series production equipment
- Aluminium or steel hot forming process improvements
- (mega)castings and their capabilities
- extrusion, roll- or blow-forming processes and their efficient use in the car body
- specific semi-finished goods and their benefits (e.g. tailor-welded/tailor rolled blanks, hybrid materials)
- improved forming process control / quality control tools
- smart digitalization and data management in press plant, foundry, tool shop
Whenever it is meaningful as a complement to a presentation, the accompanying exhibition of demonstrator car body parts or full car bodies is possible and highly encouraged.
Based on your abstract, your proposal will be evaluated in collaboration with the members of the OEM Advisory Board to the congress. In that process, the novelty of your results, their industrial relevance and the engineering-oriented, technical character of your proposal will be of particular importance. Please do avoid the impression of a mere product promotion. (Advice on how you may best be successful with your abstract may be found here.)
Further key dates
- Notification of acceptance of your proposal: by end of January 2024
- Publication of the congress programme: end of February 2024
- Submission of your English-language presentation documents as a pdf for the congress proceedings: May 17, 2024
Please note that, for each accepted contribution, one speaker per presenting company (max. two different companies) will be fully invited to the congress, exempt of the congress fees and including accommodation in the congress hotel.